EMY Consulting offers a wide array of NASBA-approved group live CPE financial management training. The EMY Consulting team are experts in internal auditing, audit readiness, compliance, operational/program and enterprise risk management. This team has structured a menu of various types of training to meet your needs and in order to help you meet annual CPE requirements. The recommended field of study is accounting and auditing. A standard prerequisite for our courses is basic knowledge of financial management either from an auditor or CPA perspective. Advance preparation is generally not required. CPE credits range from 1 CPE-16 CPEs depending on the training course length and content. CPE credits are discussed, determined and agreed-upon in advance of the training. Our current course offerings are as follows: Please contact either Elena Yearly (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Patrick Yearly (email@example.com) for further details and to register for courses.
- Introduction to Internal Audit Concepts: A foundational and basic internal audit training course focused on the background and use of internal audit within commercial and public sector settings, how to develop and implement an effective and successful internal audit program organization-wide, emerging trends and the advantages of having an internal audit program in place that can identify early and often business process improvements. Course Number: IABasic101.
- Advanced Internal Audit Techniques: Case Studies and Good Practices: An advanced internal audit training course for commercial and public sector entities that already have an established internal audit program in place. Learn through case studies and lessons learned from other comparable entities regarding the intersection of internal and external (financial statement auditing), how to leverage internal audit results and the seat at the table for internal auditors at a strategic level. Course Number: IAAdv102.
- Why Fear Compliance? Embrace it Instead: A foundational course that advocates that effective internal compliance makes good business sense. Learn how to embrace compliance and incorporate into overall business strategies to reap positive benefits and outcomes. A case study approach is used to provide good practice examples of successful compliance strategies and outcomes. Course Number: Compli101.
- Getting Audit Ready: Lessons Learned from the Trenches: A foundational course on how to be audit ready whether this is an internal or external audit. Participants come away with checklists and key steps that can be taken prior to receiving any type of audit notification and will learn about what auditors generally look for when they arrive on site for an audit and well as key preparation tools for the internal or external audit. Course Number: AuditRead101.
- Introduction to Enterprise Risk Management (ERM): A foundational and basic ERM training course focused on the background and use of ERM within commercial and public sector settings, how to develop and implement an effective and successful ERM program organization-wide, emerging trends and the advantages of having a worthwhile ERM program in place. ERMBasic101.
- Advanced Enterprise Risk Management (ERM): Case Studies and Good Practices: An advanced ERM training course for commercial and public sector entities that already have an established ERM program in place. Learn through case studies and lessons learned from other comparable entities regarding how they view ERM from a strategy perspective. Learn how to mature your existing ERM function through tools and techniques ensuring that ERM is not viewed as merely a check the box exercise. ERMAdv102.
- A Process Is Just a Process or Is It? Gaining Efficiencies in Your Processes and Operations: A foundational training course on the importance of re-evaluating your existing operations and processes and determining how they can be improved. You will come away with key approaches on how to get this accomplished within your current business settings. ProcessImp101.
EMY Consulting LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org